Why are pre-filter kits so important to common rail diesel fuel injection systems?
Designed specifically to cope with our extreme weather conditions and poor fuel quality, they are the perfect choice for drivers in Australia and New Zealand.
From the humidity of Northern Queensland to the dry cool climate of South Australia and all the way down to frosty Invercargill in New Zealand, the Direction Plus Diesel Fuel Pre-Filter kit will remove water and other contaminants from our Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD).
ULSD is more susceptible to water emulsification, that is water molecules suspended in diesel which is harder to remove than in traditional diesel fuel. This is why old technology like sedimenters work relatively well removing whole water, but struggle with emulsified water, the contaminant you can’t see.
BENEFITS OF FITTING A DIESEL PRE-FILTER KIT:
- Reduce wear & tear and avoid repair costs that can exceed $10,000
- 95% water separation and superior particle removal
- Ability to separate emulsified water from ULSD
- Clear water drainage bowl to easily identify removed water
- Keeps critical engine components clean
- No filter bypass – contaminated fuel will not be sent to the fuel system even when the filter is blocked